This Christmas, buy local: Top 5 gifts from Hansen’s DairyDecember 12, 2012 2:50 pm
There are just 12 shopping days left before Christmas. Sure, you can get food staples at our stores, but did you know we have some great gifts too? If you are looking for unique, local ideas for the Hansen’s milk lover or foodie on your list, here are our Top 5 Gifts from Hansen’s Dairy.
5. Sport your Hansen Dairy pride all over town with a Hansen’s Insulated Bag or T-shirt. The insulated bags are great for transporting cold goods. Just keep it in your car for a space-saving cooler. (As a bonus, you could fill the bag with our dairy products before giving to the recipient.) We also have different sizes of shirts for each member of the family. All T-shirts have our logo on the back:
All adults: “Legend-Dairy” T-shirts
Ladies: “Fresh from the Farm” V-neck T-shirts
Children: “Milk-Fed” or “Moo Roo” T-shirts
Infants: “Milk-Fed” short-sleeved onesies
4. How about an All-Iowa Breakfast Basket? Include Wildwood Farms Pancake Mix from Holland; a pound of Beeler’s bacon from Lemars, or Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon from hogs raised in Iowa; a dozen eggs from Craig and Darlene Groothuis in Nashua; in a tub of Hansen’s butter; Faber’s Pure Maple Syrup from Bert; and honey from Tim Laughlin in Grundy Center.
3. Everyone loves a gift card. We can do them in any denomination. The best part? The recipient gets 10% off dairy products when they use it. So if you give that person a $30 gift card, it’s actually worth $33 in dairy products. And when those funds have run out, they can put more money on it and continue to get the discount. (Note: Make sure to purchase the card at the store where the person will be using it. The systems don’t transfer so Moo Roo has separate gift cards from the Outlet.)
2. What better way to enjoy Hansen’s milk or egg nog than in a set of Hansen’s drinking glasses? These are new this year. They are 13 oz. clear glasses with a wide base. There are four separate designs in different colors (brown, red, black, and dark green). Buy separately for $5 each or a set of four for $16.
1. A cheese basket. Most of the cheeses come from Wisconsin (except for Hansen’s famous cheese curds). You can also include a variety of other meats, candies, nuts, jams and related items. We have some premade baskets or you can choose your own items. Great snacks for holiday get-togethers. Print the custom form from the homepage of our website www.hansendairy.com or pick up from Moo Roo in Waterloo, the Outlet in Cedar Falls or the farm in Hudson.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Written by Jordan Hansen